Dr Cheryl Letheren & Associates ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
New procedures have been implemented in our clinic to ensure your and everyone’s health and safety as a result of COVID-19. Our temporary measures
are based on health authority guidelines and recommended best practices from our provincial optometry association, so as a patient, you can feel
comfortable coming to our clinic. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup).
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.